Bags are a great project for a beginner sewer. The patterns are usually easier than clothing and you don’t have to worry so much about getting the fit right. They are also super useful and make a great gift! Below, we’ve rounded up a list of 20 free bag patterns that are fun and easy to sew. Check them out and get inspired to make one of your own!
1. Rope Handbag by SewCanShe
2. Messenger Bag by Diary of a Quilter
3. Large Tote with Rounded Opening by Make it and Love it
4. Ruffles Handbag by Howjoyful
5. Sweatshirt Market Tote Bag by Makery
6. Flying Geese Patchwork Bag by WeAllSew
7. Easy Oversized Bow Tote by Flamingo Toes
8. Zip-Top Insulated Lunch Bag by Sewing Rabbit
9. Drawstring Pouch Bag by Diary of a Quilter
10. Minimalist Tote Bag by Design Sponge
11. Hexagon Appliqued Bag by V and Co.
12. Mesh Beach Bag by Obsessive Crafting Disorder
13. Duffel Bag by The Stitching Scientist
14. Pineapple Purse by Crafty Staci
15. Button Lunch Bags by Purl Soho
16. Pretty Floral Divided Tote by Thread Riding Hood
17. Triangle Pouch by A Spoonful of Sugar
18. Timber Mosaic Bag by Fabric Mutt
19. Make Up Bag by The Avid Seamstress
20. School Supplies Tote by Life Sew Savory
If you want to save this collection for later or share it with your friends just pin the image below.