Whether you are a beginner or sewing expert, there is always something new to learn about sewing!
I’ve collected some incredibly simple but effective sewing hacks to make your sewing easier, quicker and more enjoyable. Check out this list and be sure to leave a comment to let us know your favorite sewing hack.
1. If you’re having a bit of trouble threading your needle just spray the tip of the thread with hairspray to make it stiff!
2. Keep your bobbins together by storing them in a foam toe separator.
via Sew 4 Home
3. Thick fabrics like leather and denim can be a pain to get pins into. Instead of pinning, use small binder clips to hold those fabrics together.
4. Use washi tape to help keep things straight when sewing.
5. Organize sewing pins with magnets hot glued to the bottom of your dish.
6. Always wash fabrics before sewing to avoid further shrinking.
7. For a quick way to sharpen scissors, cut a piece of foil several times!
8. Don’t have any more stubborn pins by putting them into a bar of soap for a little lubricant.
9. If you need an easy way to keep your spare embroidery thread organized, take some clothespins and wrap each color of embroidery thread around each clothespin.
10. Use a lint roller to pick up loose thread when you’re done sewing.
via Confessions of a Serial Do-It-Your-Selfer
Thanks…..I plan to use a few of the “ideas” ….very clever.